[Net-ssleay-devel] Net-SSLeay-1.33_01 X509_get_subjectAltNames segfaults on test.eonis.net:443

Christopher Odenbach christopher at odenbachs.de
Wed Jul 23 19:39:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

on the German Perl workshop 2008 we talked to Florian about some
Net::SSLeay bugs. The last thing I heard was:

Mike McCauley schrieb:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2008 16:41, Steffen Ullrich wrote:
>> It looks like that I did not make clear that I already send the bug report
>> to Florian Ragwitz and that he is on it.
>> Sorry for the duplicate bug report.
>
> OK, well, I have checked in a fix now.
> I hope FR is not working on it too. Florian?

And that was it since February. Is there any progress going on? Some of
the bugs in 1.32 are quite serious and security related (e.g. perl
applications which use Net::LDAP are in _NO_ way able to verify the
hostname of the certificate against the name they are connecting to). So
we are waiting for an upcoming release which contains at least these bug
fixes (especially around X509_get_subjectAltNames).

Regards and thanks for the work,

Christopher