[Net-ssleay-devel] Net::SSLeay

sampo at symlabs.com sampo at symlabs.com
Tue Mar 4 00:30:03 UTC 2008

Jaskaran Singh wrote:
> Dear Sir
>   Do I really need to have the following components for Net::SSLeay
> install or are these components just used for testing ?
> - Sub::Uplevel    ...missing.
> - Test::Exception ...missing.
> - Array::Compare  ...missing.
> - Tree::DAG_Node  ...missing.
> - Test::Warn      ...missing.

None of those modules should be needed.

I am the original author of Net::SSLeay and during my tenure
none of those dependencies existed. In fact I am very worried about
modern software having so many dependencies as to make it impossible
to use without resorting to a distribution.

However, I am no longer the maintainer, please see
net-ssleay-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org and
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/net-ssleay/
for more up to date information.

Your bug report is fatally defective in not reporting the
version of Net::SSLway you are using. Please send enough
detail.

--Sampo