[Net-ssleay-devel] [rt.cpan.org #44170] Writes on broken connections loop forever

sampo at symlabs.com sampo at symlabs.com
Sun Mar 15 23:15:56 UTC 2009

Martin Mares via RT wrote:
> Sun Mar 15 07:37:13 2009: Request 44170 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Ticket created by marm
>        Queue: Net-SSLeay
>      Subject: Writes on broken connections loop forever
>    Broken in: 1.35
>     Severity: Normal
>        Owner: Nobody
>   Requestors: mj at ucw.cz
>  Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=44170 >
>

> This is a fix for a longstanding bug in Net::SSLeay, which caused writes
> to broken connections to loop forever if SIGPIPE was blocked.
>
> (I have submitted this to Debian bug tracker as Bug #431113 in June
> 2007, but I never got an answer and the problem still persists.)

I think it is dangerous to assume that your favorite distribution
or cpan bug trackers would ever be read by the maintainers of the software
packages in question.

When I was running Net::SSLeay, only direct mail to me worked.
Nowdays others maintain Net::SSLeay and I understand that the following
mailing list is the appropriate channel:

net-ssleay-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org

Cheers,
--Sampo