[Net-ssleay-devel] Problem with

sampo at zxidp.org sampo at zxidp.org
Thu Jan 20 19:22:29 UTC 2011

Quentin Garnier <qgarnier at linagora.com> said:

> I have a problem with the "perl-IO-Socket-SSL" package in SLES11 x64

> from opensuse repository.

> I have the error : zypper doesn't find "perl-Net-SSLeay" package. I have

> looked : the name of the package is "perl-Net_SSLeay" in the repository.

> (when i install "perl-Net_SSLeay", it works)

> Have i done something wrong or it's an error in the package name ?

While I am the original author of Net::SSLeay, I am no longer the maintainer. Current module

maintenance is done by Florian Ragwitz and Mike McCauley who have designated

mailing list

net-ssleay-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org

as the support channel (Cc'd). You should ask your question there.

Regarding finding module package, I know they changed the file naming convention. I used

format Net_SSLeay.pm-1.25.tar.gz, they use Net-SSLeay-1.36.tar.gz. Perhaps this small

detail is causing your problem?

Also, please try installing the package directly from sources (from cpan.org) instead

of using a distribution package (or ask SUSE why SUSE packages do not work).

Cheers,

--Sampo