[Neurodebian-devel] Release file is missing "Archive" field, therefore unattendend-upgrades are not possible on lucid

Holger Krause Holger.Krause at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Jul 20 16:24:50 UTC 2011

Dear Neurodebian repository maintainers,

I do like the Neurodebian project and the functionality of the "unattended-
upgrades" package [1] on ubuntu very much. Naturally I tried to use them both
together, to keep Neurodebian packages up to date. Unfortunately, I couldn't
get it working. I suspect this to be due to the "Archive:" field missing in
the Release file [2]. Would it be possible to add this field to the Release
files, at least up to lucid for ubuntu? From the unattended-upgrades changelog
[3] I got the impression that later versions are able to specify valid sources
in a more flexible way than (origin, archive). (Lucid includes version
0.55ubuntu3.)

Thanks in advance,

Holger

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/lucid/unattended-upgrades
[2] http://neuro.debian.net/debian/dists/lucid/Release
[3] http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/u/unattended-
upgrades/unattended-upgrades_0.73ubuntu1/changelog