[Neurodebian-devel] Release file is missing "Archive" field, therefore unattendend-upgrades are not possible on lucid

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Thu Jul 21 11:57:44 UTC 2011

Hey,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:20:28AM +0200, Holger Krause wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt response. I can see a "Suite:" but still no "Archive:"
> field in <http://neuro.debian.net/debian/dists/lucid/Release>. The Suite field
> doesn't seem to be taken into account by version 0.55ubuntu5 of unattended-
> upgrades package.

Well, the file you are pointing to is not supposed to contain an archive
field, and I cannot imagine unattendend-upgrades to require such. The
release files that are supposed to contain such field are the one that
correspond to your actual 'deb http://neuro.debian ....' lines in
sources.list.d. For example:

  http://neuro.debian.net/debian/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/Release

All of those do contain an archive field.

See

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch02.en.html#_top_level_release_file_and_authenticity

for documentation on the difference between the "top-level" and the
"archive-level" release files.

Maybe there is another issue the causes the problem?

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de