[Neurodebian-devel] Intend to package OpenVibe

Nicolas Bourdaud nicolas.bourdaud at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:54:06 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Here is some update

On 11/04/2012 22:29, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> yes -- there was quite a bit of work done by Yann Renard (CCed), whom I
> emailed recently (on a different address) but haven't heard from him
> yet.
>
> whenever we last time touched bases (around a year ago) freshier OGRE
> etc were needed but all of those were taken care of already (I think).
>
> Yann, could you remind us where the packaging materials you were last
> working with?  I thought it was in upstream svn somewhere, and I see
>
> svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/openvibe/debian
>
> but that one last changed 2011-02-15 which I believe is before our last
> contact... or am I wrong?

I had a look to the material in
svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/openvibe/debian but there was not much so
I started from a fresh start.

The source code needed patches in order to allow configurable install
path and to adjust the build scripts. If upstream could change their
build infrastructure, it would be better for future development.
I have disabled for the moment the build of plugins/demos needing VRPN.

The package repository is available here:
git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/openvibe.git

We have now a buildable package and it should be runnable to a certain
extent. But more work and test are needed. Suggestion, test or patches
are more than welcome. An incomplete todo list is available in debian/TODO

To Yaroslav and Michael: for the moment, I am the only one listed in the
uploaders, but I think you should be on the list as well. Please confirm.

Cheers,

Nicolas