[Neurodebian-devel] OpenSesame 0.27

Sebastiaan Mathot s.mathot at cogsci.nl
Wed Dec 12 16:41:27 UTC 2012

Right, I updated the debian files:
https://github.com/smathot/OpenSesame/tree/debian

Mostly, it seems fine, although lintian gives a few warnings (see below).

>   make version 0.27-1 (I am surprised lintian didn't complain)

Check

>   There is an open ITP #611640 for opensesame -- close it in this last
>   changelog entry (i.e. add "(Closes: #611640)")

Check

> * ideally all previous changelog entries should get 'UNRELEASED' instead
>   of 'unstable' where no Debian package was provided and may be
>   only 'neurodebian' for 0.25-1 which we still carry in neurodebian

Check. Only 0.26 is unreleased. The rest, I believe, has been uploaded to
NeuroDebian, so I've marked it as such.

> debian/copyright
>
> * s/Maintainer-Contact/Upstream-Contact/

Check.

> $> dep5_verify
> Warning in 'Format' value 'Format:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/': Format
> does not match the recommended URL for DEP-5 Configuration item
> 'Debian::Dpkg::Copyright Format' has a wrong value: value 'Format:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/' does not
> match regexp ^http://

There's no output anymore, so I guess that's good. Unless it should give
output on succes, in which case no check.

> debian/control
>
> *
>
> Vcs-Git: git://github.com:smathot/OpenSesame.git
>

> is incorrect, should have / instead of : in the middle
>
> also provide Vcs-Git-Browser: field pointint to http page

Check

> * XB-Python-Version:  iirc not needed anylonger

Check

> BINARY package:
>
> run lintian on resultant .changes as well

It now says:

	W: opensesame source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/manpage.1.ex
	W: opensesame source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at
line 12)
	W: opensesame source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at
line 19)
	W: opensesame source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at
line 32)
	W: opensesame source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at
line 38)
	W: opensesame source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at
line 43)
	W: opensesame source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at
line 47)

> help2man opensesamerun

I did, and added the result as `manpage.1.ex` to the `debian` folder. But the
lintain output suggests that is not how it should be done.

Cheers!

--
http://www.cogsci.nl/smathot