[Neurodebian-devel] packages for iqr

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sun Mar 18 10:20:29 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 17:15 -0700, Ulysses Bernardet wrote:
> At the moment I'm creating binary debian packages by invoking cpack
> from cmake.

In essence, cpack is doing something along the lines of checkinstall,
which leads to creating binary packages that are likely to work on the
build machine as long as the environment doesn't change, but are
unportable and violate every possible guideline that can be violated.

Therefore I highly recommend not wasting time on cpack unless you need
Windows installers for the creation of which it might turn out to be
useful to a certain extent and just do the native packaging properly.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev