[Neurodebian-devel] RFP: psignifit3 -- fitting and testing hypotheses about psychometric functions

Nikolaus Valentin Hänel valentin.haenel at gmx.de
Mon May 28 12:06:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

* Bart Martens <bartm at debian.org> [2012-05-27]:
> tags 580499 - pending
> stop
>
> There is currently no package named psignifit3 in NEW.  So I'm removing the tag
> "pending" that was added by Aníbal because psignifit3 would be in NEW at that
> time.
>
> Note that a package named psignifit at mentors closes 580499, so maybe Nikolaus
> Valentin Hänel has the intention to adopt psignifit, however the package
> psignifit is currently not up for adoption.  So I'm not (yet) doing a retitle
> of this RFP-psignifit3 to ITA-psignifit.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/psignifit
>   Uploader:	Nikolaus Valentin Hänel <valentin.haenel at gmx.de>
>   Version:	3.0~beta.20120503.1-1
>   Uploaded:	2012-05-09 18:19

we had some confusion about the package name. After conferring with my
co-developers and the NeuroDebian team, we decided the rename the source
package:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/psignifit3

This allows psignifit and psignifit3 to co-exist.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Valentin Haenel

PS: A bit of background, if you are interested. The source package
psiginfit has existed in Debian for quite sometime -- the reason why the
source package I created was rejected by ftpmaster. Psignifit was
originally written around 2001 and maintained till 2005. The software I
am working on is a rewrite, dubbed Psignifit 3. It  supports the same
kind of functionality (albeit not binary compatible and with a different
user interface). We were not sure if this rewrite should replace the old
version, and have now decided against it. Hence I renamed the source
package I am generating accordingly