[Neurodebian-devel] Problem with library path and libfslvtkio.so

Mark Jenkinson mark.jenkinson at ndcn.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 19 13:22:21 UTC 2013

Hello NeuroDebian Developers,

There has been an email thread on the FSL list that Michael Hanke helped with but hasn't commented on the response recently.  So I thought he might be away from the office at the moment and wondered if one of you could help instead.  As you can see in the thread below, the issue is about the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I suspect that the user's environment is not setup correctly, but I don't know enough about Debian/Ubuntu setup to help more.  So I'm hoping that one of you can help.  I'm cc'ing the user (Mohammad) in here so that you can communicate directly if necessary, but I'd appreciate being kept in the loop.

Best wishes and thanks for your help,
Mark

Dr Mark Jenkinson
University Research Lecturer
Head of Structural Image Analysis

FMRIB Centre, University of Oxford,
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222782  (fax 222717)

mark at fmrib.ox.ac.uk<mailto:mark at fmrib.ox.ac.uk>  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~mark

Hi again

I copied "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/share/fsl/5.0/bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" into terminal, and I can run PET and FEAT once. But, for the next time the same problem pops up again. I have to do it everytime I want to use fsl. Do you think it might manipulate the results in anyway?

Thanks
Mohammad