[Neurodebian-devel] Missing symlink in openvibe-libs?

Nicolas Bourdaud nicolas.bourdaud at gmail.com
Tue May 21 12:20:11 UTC 2013

On 20/05/2013 03:12, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> those are provided by openvibe-dev package.  I guess openvibe-bin is
> doomed to recommend -dev ... or OpenViBE-designer-dynamic patched to
> link against SOVERSION'ed library?

Yes, it was an extremely ugly workaround that I had to do use to make
OpenVibe working: it use several library both as plugin and library. And
there were bigger issues to put the symlinks in the other packages (I
don't remember exactly the detail)

I am going to have a look how we might improve the packaging (I got much
more experience in Debian packaging since then). Maybe some updated
upstream will naturally fix it: I know that they wanted to improve the
plugin/library separation but I had not news so far.

Cheers,

Nicolas