[Neurodebian-devel] Backporting requests

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:31:34 UTC 2014

Dear all,

as I was discussing before with Yaroslav, I'd like to submit a few
packages for backporting and inclusion in NeuroDebian.

The tree packages are not dependent on any other package that is not yet
in Debian wheezy. Most of these packages are already available in Ubuntu
>= 12.10.

nlopt: Maintainer is the Debian science team and it seems they have no
intension to do some backporting themselves.
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/nlopt/nlopt_2.4.1+dfsg-1.dsc
Distro: debian-wheezy

For all other packages the Debian-med team is the Maintainer and I am
the uploader and upstream.

libvistaio:
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libv/libvistaio/libvistaio_1.2.16-1.dsc
Distro: debian-wheezy

libmialm:
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libm/libmialm/libmialm_1.0.7-2.dsc
Distros: debian-wheezy, ubuntu-raring

An older, ABI incompatible version is already in Ubuntu-raring, but this
new version is required for mialmpick below.

This next package requires packages from above:

mialmpick:
Depends: libvistaio, libmialm
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mialmpick/mialmpick_0.2.10-1.dsc
Distros: debian-wheezy, ubuntu-raring

Three more packages, mia and, depending on it, miaviewit and pymia, are
to come, but for mia I just requested sponsoring for the latest upstream
version that also fixes build problems on the various Ubuntu releases.

Many thanks,
Gert