[Neurodebian-devel] [Neurodebian-users] Submitting a Debian package to NeuroDeb

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Tue Jul 29 14:49:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, Marmaduke Woodman wrote:
> >assure first that the packages (source and binary) confirm to the Debian
> >policy and passes all lintian tests (run lintian on your .dsc file and
> >then on .changes when you generate binary files)... I see that

> >- it is missing debian/copyright,

> >- debian/control says "Architecture: all" but  it seems to carry .c
> >sources and bdepends on cytho nto build an extension - so must be "any",

> The package builds a Cython interface to a small C++ library, which
> itself is only a set of headers and is included with the sources.

and that is why it must be "any" not "all" -- simply change that field.
see https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Architecture
for more details

> I was a bit too lazy to create the plain C++ packages first, e.g.
> libgdist & libgdist-dev, but I would be happy to do this if it is
> necessary or preferred. Opinion(s)?

yeah -- for the current use case having just the python- package should
be sufficient.

> >and probably more (no time atm for a detailed analysis)

> Thanks for the further suggestions; I will continue working on the
> package and report back when on the mentors site.

cool -- will wait to hear from you then

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org