[Neurodebian-devel] Packaging policy for MATLAB toolboxes

Ghislain Vaillant ghisvail at gmail.com
Wed May 28 08:41:53 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I was looking for resources regarding Debian packaging of MATLAB toolboxes.
The only valuable material I found was this wiki entry:
http://neuro.debian.net/proj_matlab.html, which acknowledges the need for
integration of MATLAB software to the Debian package tree, but does not
provide particular guidelines for doing so (yet ?).

I am currently packaging a library (ISMRMRD), which provides MATLAB
wrappers in the form of a couple of .m and a .jar. I was wondering whether
there is a policy somewhere which dictates where these files should be
installed. If not, do you guys have recommendation regarding where to place
these files ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Ghis