[Neurodebian-devel] Please consider moving common packages to Debian-Science

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sat Nov 19 16:17:53 UTC 2016

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016, Ole Streicher wrote:

> * pandas
> * pymc
> * statsmodels
> * scikit-learn

I'd also add at least those two:

* mpi4py
* seaborn

> Would you consider moving these packages to debian-science instead? This
> would enable team-maintenance for a larger team and may help to keep
> them in a good shape. At least, I don't want to join neurodebian just to
> fix the stuff in-place.

The question, of course, is if moving the packages will really magically
attract more maintainers... my understanding is that packages are
maintained in NeuroDebian by default to make it easier for NeuroDebian
maintainers & leverage the repository infra they have in place. But maybe
something worth considering anyways.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev