[Neurodebian-devel] fsl 5.0.9 on Ubuntu 16.04 feeds question and small fslview bugs

Brouwer, Iman i.brouwer2 at vumc.nl
Tue Feb 21 08:41:56 UTC 2017

Dear neurodebian developers,

First of all, thank you for making this great software available!

I hope you could give me some feedback on two issues I came across when installing fsl 5.0.9 on Ubuntu 16.04 using the neurodebian repositories:

1.       Feeds: to test the system I ran the neurodebian included feeds which passes the tests but it warns that the Data suite is v5.0.4 while the fsl version is 5.0.9.  Then I downloaded the 5.0.9 feeds  from the fsl website, but this version actually crashed with an error message that I did not understand ( see below) . Should I be worried about the downloaded 5.0.9 Feeds version not passing the test?

2.       There were two bugs in fslview:

a.       The text box displaying the Intensity value of the selected voxel does not show the left most part of floating point numbers: a value of 1645.99 may for example be shown as 645.99. The mouse-over will display the correct number, or one can click on the value and press the home button to left-align. While this is technically a very minor issue, it makes checking intensity values much more time consuming. Is there a way to fix this? If I can contribute somehow please let me know.

b.      An image may still be visible even when none of the images are set to be visible: the last image that was marked visible will still be visible after unmarking it until another image is marked as visible.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

Iman Brouwer

VUMC, Amsterdam

last part of feeds 5.0.9 log:

Starting FDT (bedpost) at Tue Feb  7 16:11:11 CET 2017
child process exited abnormally
    while executing
"fsl:exec "unset FSLMACHINELIST DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH; ${FSLDIR}/bin/bedpostx $FEEDSDIR/results/fdt_subj1 -n 1""
    invoked from within
"if { $feeds(fdt) } {

puts "\nStarting FDT (bedpost) at [ exec date ]"

fsl:exec "cp -r $FEEDSDIR/data/fdt_subj1 $FEEDSDIR/results"
fsl:exec "unset FS..."
    (file "./RUN" line 393)
Command exited with non-zero status 1
1121.32user 9.95system 23:13.70elapsed 81%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 988828maxresident)k
335944inputs+1034432outputs (179major+2613283minor)pagefaults 0swaps

MASc Iman Brouwer
Image Processing Support Engineer
VU University Medical Center Amsterdam - Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
E: i.brouwer2 at vumc.nl
P: +31 (20) 444 0331

Present: Monday Wednesday Thursday
Working remotely: Friday

De Boelelaan 1118 PK -1X104, 1081 HV Amsterdam

Mailing adress: Postbus 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam

www.vumc.com<http://www.vumc.com/>
www.vumc.com/directions<http://www.vumc.com/directions>
Disclaimer
This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. VU University Medical Center accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.