[Neurodebian-upstream] [Nipy-devel] Standard dataset

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 00:57:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

> sidetopic: distribution infrastructure/authenticity/etc
>
> Since Matthew you like to think global, you love GIT, and since this
> thread and external projects have mentioned APT providing existing
> delivery mechanism and infrastructure,  I think you would like having a
> look at a recent idea of joining gpg and torrent (in Debian
> context) presented on debian-devel list:
>
> Distributed Debian Distribution Development
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2010/09/msg00009.html
> proof-of-concept: http://gitorious.org/python-libbittorrent/pybtlib

I confess I did not completely understand what LKCL was trying to do.
I tried to clone / run the demo, but the code appears to be using an
old version of git-python (0.1).   At one point it runs a 'git
pack-objects' with a command line option '--with-raw-output' that I
can't track down in any historical git document version.  Diff
attached to make something run with that repo, and git-python-0.3beta
(current).

Do I understand correctly, that, in your git repository, you checkout
the commit that you want to export, then export that commit as a
packfile, to a torrent.  Thence you can use the LKCL commands to
unpack the torrent again as a git commit.

?

See you,

Matthew