[Neurodebian-upstream] OpenWalnut 1.4.0 rc2 on Mentors

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Sun Nov 2 14:08:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Sebastian Eichelbaum wrote:

> Hi List,

> I have uploaded the latest release candidate (rc2) of OpenWalnut 1.4 to Debian Mentors. We have worked hard to fix even more bugs and improve the overall stability and usability of the framework and the user interface. A list of fixes, implemented features and so on can be found here: http://www.openwalnut.org/versions/2.
> We also improved support for lower end graphics cards and the MESA gl drivers.

> Maybe you find some time to approve the package? We would be very happy. You'll find the package here: https://mentors.debian.net/package/openwalnut

1. ideally debian/changelog entry should be more reflective of changes done
to debian/control -- all those dh compatibility jump from 8 to 9, qt 4
to 5, dropping libbiosig dependency, etc.

2. Also now there would be no automated upgrade path for users who
installed openwalnut-qt4 and now which would need to upgrade to
openwalnut-qt5.  I believe I did express originally my opinion that
-qt4 suffix would give us some pain in the future... could you remind me
why do you want really to specify explicitly the -qt4/5, and not just
have a   openwalnut  package (which now would Replace and Conflict with
openwalnut-qt4/5)?

3. I have originally missed but lintian doesn't slip! ;)
why do you ship
./resources/platformDependent/qt5gui/windows/openwalnut.exe
in the source package?  please strip it off

4. libeep -- ideally should get packaged separately (but I guess ok to
include for now...)

NB damn... and then I saw that our RAID failed and I had to attend to it
and Drafted this letter... I will finish review later but
meanwhile please address above

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org