[newmaint-site] Work on nm.debian.org

Marco Bardelli bardelli.marco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 22:40:57 UTC 2013

Hi guys, the TODO list kindly published by Enrico
at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FrontDesk/NmSiteDevel
does not seem so long, yet.

Just to recap, the mail notification to the applicant issues are:
- When an AM approves the applicant, mail
  debian-newmaint at lists.debian.org ...
- email notification to the applicant when they get in the queue to get
  an AM assigned (status app_ok)
- email notification to the applicant when they get approved by the AM,
  saying what is now going to happen: FD will do consistency checks, and
  then pass it on to DAM to decide
- email notification to the applicant when they get approved by FD,
  saying that now it's up to DAM to have a look and do the final
  approval.

the signal hook "pre_save" on Process model, seems to me a good
approach, although it requires an additional query db at every save to
detect interesting changes. If it also seems a proper way to proceed to
you, too, I can take these tasks, claiming them on the wiki.

I did not populate my local db yet, cause I can't "export nm db". I'll
try to generate some fake data, if is not possible for any DD to post a
minimal json.

I'll continue to work on short bio, showing it on "/public/person"
under "Application Manager" in a fancy way,
maybe with some expandable/collapsible via js.

Ciao,
Marco