[newmaint-site] Notification on process progress using signals

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Sep 2 23:30:35 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 04:28:53PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:19:30PM +0200, Marco Bardelli wrote:
>> [...]
> This evening we can have a little brainstorming about it IRL.

Brainstorming and hacknight: we now have email notifications
implemented and deployed.

In particular, when an AM approves an applicant, a public AM report
including the applicant's bio (if available) is automatically sent to
debian-newmaint at nm.debian.org; this should finally address #437472, as
well as Serafeim's request of quite some time ago.

Marco also added a new 'public' field to log entries, to allow them to
be optionally marked public so that in the future some of them can be
attached to the public AM report, or shown in the process page at
https://nm.debian.org/public/process/…

We also changed the short description of people who are neither DM nor
DD from 'None' to 'DC' and the long description from 'None' to 'Debian
Contributor': now we have a name. I feel like this simple patch[1] is
quite a significant moment in the history of Debian.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=nm/nm2.git;a=commitdiff;h=01b0666ed6d4381539cdb445ab688d1dda9c4774

Ciao,

Enrico

--