[newmaint-site] Re-deployed DC site

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Sep 15 15:45:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

thanks to Zobel, from this morning we have a proper postgresql database
for the DC site. I took advantage of having to redeploy to simplify the
CD model even further and clean up things a bit.

I've dropped the Person table, now Identifiers just link to Django's
User. There is a user profile with extra info we may want to save in the
future.

An Identifier has an optional link to User. Identifiers without the link
are unclaimed and will not be shown publicly: this should make us
opt-in.

I hope we'll be ok with Django's short User.username field: we'll see it
as we'll see how people can log in. In the meantime, we have south
migrations enabled.

The list is still empty: next in the todo list is an interface to add
new sources, and public POST interface for submitting data.

I put up a workable TODO list here:
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FrontDesk/DcSiteDevel
it's still very small, because we still don't have data and I'd like to
think a bit more about how to authenticate people, but it will come.

In the meantime, feel free to work on those items that are there.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>