[newmaint-site] Switched nm.debian.org to local_settings.py

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Sep 16 09:18:52 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've reorganised the nm.debian.org DACS single signon handling so I can
share the code with contributors.debian.org, and since this meant a few
changes to settings.py both on development and on production, I've
finally migrated to using local_settings.py

Next time you pull from git:

 1. remove the settings.py symlink
 2. pull
 3. ln -s local_settings.py.devel local_settings.py

If you changed your settings.py.devel, you need to port those changes to
local_settings.py; otherwise, just remove your old settings.py.devel.

In the meantime, these settings are gone, in favour of changing
EMAIL_BACKEND on development machines:

 EMAIL_PUBLIC_ANNOUNCES
 EMAIL_PRIVATE_ANNOUNCES
 EMAIL_PERSONAL_DIVERT

TEST_USERNAME has become DACS_TEST_USERNAME, and the old
backend.auth.FakeRemoteUser is gone:
now django_dacs.auth.DACSRemoteUserMiddleware supports
DACS_TEST_USERNAME directly.

I've updated README.md accordingly.

Ciao,

Enrico