[newmaint-site] Changes to contributors.d.o

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Oct 9 16:18:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

today on the plane I implemented the following from the todo list:

 - Group contributors by 'until' year, in the contributors list.
   Contributors who stopped contributing before this year, go into a
   'Contributors until year YYYY' section.
 - Data source page (accessible via `Source.get_absolute_url`) which
   lists source information and a list of contributors.
 - ContributorType page (accessible via
   `ContributorType.get_absolute_url`) which lists source and
   contributor type information, and a list of contributors.

I've just pushed the changes to production.

Also, after a wise suggestion by duy, I've committed an examples/
directory with the data mining scripts I made so far.

These are the items that are blocking going public:

 - document how to create a data source
 - associate to each Source a list of one or more Users who can edit it.
   This will also act as a documentation for who to contact if it stops
   posting data.
 - add to Source a comment field where one can annotate implementation
   details, such as "the source is implemented on foo.debian.org as
   script bar run as user baz, scheduled to run via cron every night"

When those are done, we can go public at least with a DC site limited to
people who have a Debian or Alioth account. To move on from there, we'll
need to start working at some identity management, but I don't want to
do a lot of planning about it right now: let's take one step at a time.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>