[newmaint-site] Contributors.debian.org to track equipment donations?

Laura Arjona Reina larjona99 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:46:51 UTC 2014

Hi all
Reading about bug #721283 ([www.debian.org] Please mention Bytemark's
donation) and in particular this comment that Bernd Zeimetz just made:

--
[...] keeping track of all donations is a hard task and prone to
problems and errors, and having a general "thank you" page is at least

I thought maybe contributors.debian.org could be a nice solution to this
problem. I'm not sending this to the BTS thread because it would be a
solution for the mid-long term, not for right now, and I also have other
doubts:

* We still don't allow users different than the ones having a
@debian.org or alioth account
* Those "contributors" would be institutions, not individuals, in many cases
* Many donations are already showed in
https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi (although as part of other info, not
as "credit")
* Maybe I'm so excited about this project that I see it as the solution
to everything, and there are other possibilities better in this case (a
general Thank you page, maybe pointing to
https://db.debian.org/machines.cgi, or other solution)
* Still, other person/group (different than me) should create the data
source and so, so I feel my idea like the infamous "Why you don't do....?"

So, do you think that using contributors.debian.org would be a nice idea
for tracking and crediting equipment donations?

Regards
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona