[newmaint-site] nm.debian.org updates

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Sep 3 01:59:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 01:32:06PM +0200, Enrico Rossi wrote:

> nm -> login -> access with alioth account -> back to nm main page
> with nothing changed (login button still there).
> I'm not authorized? I'm not suppose to access? I'm not ... something?
> I think some sort of message/result would be usefull.
> Re-clicking on the login button does not trigger the login again.

Right, confirmed. You are logged in, but there is no entry for you in
the system, since you have never applied using
https://nm.debian.org/public/newnm
and that used to be the only way to create one.

I now need to change the maintenance scripts so that a new entry is
created every time a person becomes known to the site, for example when
a new person is spotted in the DM keyring.

In the meantime, I at least added an error message.

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 02:14:16PM +0200, Matteo F. Vescovi wrote:

> On 2014-09-01 at 13:39 (CEST), Enrico Rossi wrote:
> > nm -> login -> access with alioth account -> back to nm main page
> > with nothing changed (login button still there).
> Yep, I confirm the same behaviour.

You instead have an existing entry in the system, but it has
mfv at debian.org as the SSO username. It doesn't match the way you
currently login, the login process throws an exception and it falls back
to pretending you didn't log in.

I could change it to your alioth account, but since you're going to get
an account quite soon now, I guess there is no point. You should be able
to log in with your @debian.org web password as soon as you have one.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>