[newmaint-site] Contributing to newmaint-site

L. Guruprasad lgp171188 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:49:13 UTC 2016

Hi Enrico,

On 5/19/16 3:33 AM, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello and welcome,
>
> the website is designed to be fully deployable locally with mock data,
> using these instructions: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/nm/nm2.git/tree/README.md
>
> I suggest, to get started, to try to follow the instructions and set it
> up. Feel free to ask here if something on the instructions is wrong.

I have started setting up the website inside a Debian Jessie VM
following these instructions. When I ran the command 'fakeroot
debian/rules clean binary' to build the python-django-housekeeping .deb
package, it first gave an error message about missing dh command and
then about missing python3 addon for dh. So I had to install the
debhelper and python3-debian packages to get it to work. Perhaps we
should document this in the README.md file.

Now I am stuck at the step where I have to download mock data from the
https://nm.debian.org/am/db-export since I do not have the access. Can
you help me with that?

Thanks & Regards,
Guruprasad