[Nm-templates-discuss] Differences with Policy

Martín Ferrari martin.ferrari at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 23:47:44 CET 2006

Hi,

As part of my NM process, I found a discrepancy between the P&P1
template and the Debian Policy. In the second and fourth questions of
the template I found:

 2. Donald Knuth, author of TeX, insists that no-one has the right to
    modify the source code of TeX, and that any changes must be made using
    "change files" (a sort of patch file). Is this allowed for a program
    for the main section of Debian?

 4. What are the sections of Debian software and the differences between
    them? How would you decide where to put a new package? Which requirements
    do the packages in the sections have to meet?

But the Debian Policy talks about "distribution area" or "category", and
refers to "section" as the subgroups of those categories (Policy 2.2 and
2.4). So I think this is a bug in the templates.

Regards, Martín.

PD: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed