[Nsspampgsql-devel] Er; he retrieved on the lecture platform the loss of a fortune

Caplener Sumabat federating at gay-geneva.com
Mon Aug 17 20:07:29 UTC 2009

Otent that there is scarcely a New England writer of the first rank,
from Bryant onward, who remained untouched by it. The most interesting
and peculiar phase of the new liberalism has little directly to do with
the specific tenets of theological Unitarianism, and in fact marked a
revolt against the more prosaic and conventional pattern of English and
American Unitarian thought. But this movement, known as
Transcendentalism, would have been impossible without a preliminary and
liberalizing stirring of the soil. It was a fascinating moment of
release for some of the most brilliant and radical minds of New England.
Its foremost representative in our literature was Ralph Waldo Emerson,
as its chief exponents in England were Coleridge and Carlyle. We must
understand its meaning if we would perceive the quality of much of the
most noble and beautiful writing produced in New England during the
Golden Age. What then is the significance of the word Transcendental?
Disregarding for the moment the technical development of this term as
used by German and English philosophers, it meant for Emerson and his
friends simply this: whatever transcends or goes beyond the experience
of the senses. It stressed intuition rather than sensation, direct
perception of ultimate truth rather than the processes of logic. It
believed in man's ability to apprehend the absolute ideas of Truth,
Rectitude, Goodness. It resembled the Inner Li