[Nsspampgsql-devel] error with " DECLARE nss_pgsql_internal_allusers_curs SCROLL CURSOR FOR FOR READ ONLY"

Coiby Xu coiby.xu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 02:50:17 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm using libnss_pgsql module but there's problems with it. If I exute
"getent passwd", the following messages show
in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log/postgresql-Sat.log. And the system is still
using /etc/passwd and /etc/group to authenticate ssh uses.

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "FOR" at character 61
> STATEMENT:  DECLARE nss_pgsql_internal_allusers_curs SCROLL CURSOR FOR
>  FOR READ ONLY
> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
> transaction block
> STATEMENT:  FETCH FROM nss_pgsql_internal_allusers_curs

Eveny I modify codes nss-pgsql.conf like:

> getpwnam        = SELECT login AS
> username,passwd,gecos,('/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/' || login) AS
> homedir,shell,uid,gid FROM nss_passwd WHERE login = $1

> getpwnam        = SELECT  AS
> ,passwd,gecos,('/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/' || login) AS
> homedir,shell,uid,gid FROM nss_passwd WHERE login = $1

The previous error message  would show. I can't figure out why. Can anyone
give some advice? Thanks!