[Nut-packaging] Packaging MGE Personal Solution Pac on OpenSuSE, Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:34:56 UTC 2008

Fellow packagers,

I've had many requests in that way from users of various platforms to have
the MGE Personal Solution Pac included in the official repositories.

The software can be found here:
http://opensource.mgeops.com/index.php/projects/psp

There are already packaging scripts for the various distro, possibly needing
some more polishing and adaptation for platforms other than x86 (sole target
ATM).

I'll soon start to work on integrating it in Debian, along with other
missing NUT clients such as UPS-Monitor.

As a side note, I'm also starting to work on the HAL successor (DeviceKit)
and the new Power Management layer (DeviceKit-power).

As always, if you need a (reliable) device to work on these subjects, tell
me so and I'll see what I can do with Eaton / MGE / Powerware. Our last
example is Linus himself ;-)

Comments and feedback welcomed... as always.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems -
http://www.mgeops.com