[PKG-OpenRC-Debian] Introducing git-dpm to OpenRC.git?

heroxbd at gentoo.org heroxbd at gentoo.org
Sat Feb 15 06:08:31 UTC 2014

Dear all,

We are carrying a lot of patches now, many of which is tracked
externally in a separate git repo (e.g. lsb2rcconf). Every update
requires us to regenerate the patch. It's very error prone, and we have
struggled all the way through. There should be a way to leverage git
merge and rebase to aid us. Besides, we are working closely with
upstream, a better integration with upstream git repo is desired.

I did some investigation and felt git-dpm[1] fits our need to track the
pile of patches in a systematic way.

What do you think, bros? Thomas, do you have a better alternative?

Cheers,
Benda

1. http://git-dpm.alioth.debian.org