[PKG-OpenRC-Debian] about 0035-consider-initd-shebangs.patch

heroxbd at gentoo.org heroxbd at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 24 12:32:45 UTC 2014

Dear Gabriele,

Supporting shebang other than /bin/sh is needed for Debian. But
0035-consider-initd-shebangs.patch feels a bit too hackish to me.

how about this?

-                . "${RC_SERVICE}"
+                read -r shebang < "${RC_SERVICE}"
+                case "${shebang}" in
+                *runscript*|*openrc-run*)
+                        . "${RC_SERVICE}"
+                        ;;
+                *)
+                        exec "${RC_SERVICE}" $*
+                esac

It uses POSIX shell builtin commands to handle shebangs, and avoids the
extra exported variable.

Could you please test this on your motivating init script? I tested it
against nfs-common with "#!/bin/bash" shebang. It'll be cool if we can
come up with a nice unit test for this.

Cheers,
Benda