[PKG-OpenRC-Debian] init-system-helpers openrc branch pull request

Benda Xu heroxbd at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 7 01:19:03 UTC 2016

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your notice.

Andreas Henriksson <andreas at fatal.se> writes:

> I've noticed that you in
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openrc/openrc.git/commit/?id=e29522cd4ee0cb20de161eb7ef33312cf3ac2ae8
> have dropped the diverts you shipped in previous openrc package
> revision (in favour of now using invoke-rc.d/update-rc.d from
> init-system-helpers).

> Is this really enough though?  Don't you need to actively undivert on
> package upgrades to undo the diverts (for those that had the 0.20.4-1
> revision installed. Please note that you'll need to handle the case
> where the files are not diverted as well (eg. when upgrading from
> Debian stable version to current unstable version).

No, it is not enough.  I realized the issue when I did upgrades on my
own test machine after the upload.

> You should be able to check $1 for upgrade and $2 for which version
> you're upgrading from. See for example:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DpkgConffileHandling

Thanks for the pointer.  I have reflected upon it and intended to leave
the breakage as is.  The 10-day time window between 0.20.4-1 and
0.20.4-2 would not hit too many people I suppose.

I would also like to hear what people on OpenRC devel list think.

Yours,
Benda