[Openstack-devel] Ceph packaging in Debian GNU/Linux

Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS) gcs at debian.hu
Sat Jun 9 10:40:22 UTC 2012

Hi Loic, Sage,

On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 11:46 +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
> I'm interested in making sure Ceph is supported in Debian GNU/Linux in the upcoming wheezy. That would be a useful addition to the OpenStack packages ( worked on by the team cc'ed to this mail).
 I've good connection with Sage, however we lost the discussion on what
to do next. Ceph started to use leveldb with v0.44 , which unbuildable
on several platforms where Ceph could be built otherwise. Effectively
killing his work on those architectures.
 Now tried to build 0.47.2 on amd64 and it fails right away with
Makefile.am:182: `lib/libgtest.a' is not a standard libtool library name
Makefile.am:182: did you mean `lib/libgtest.la'?
Makefile.am:182: `lib/libgtest_main.a' is not a standard libtool library name
Makefile.am:182: did you mean `lib/libgtest_main.la'?

Looking into it.

> Do you have plans to make this happen ? Is there a way we could help ?
 Do you need specific build flags or version? Is 'plain' Ceph enough?

Cheers,
Laszlo/GCS