[Openstack-devel] Current state of the Folsom packaging

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Tue Oct 30 16:39:18 UTC 2012

Hi thomas,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 01:31:58PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On Sat Oct 27 2012 04:09:32 AM CST, Ignace Mouzannar <ignace.mouzannar at enovance.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 02:41 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > > The only service which I haven't really worked on yet is swift.
> >
> > Do you have any idea on when this part could be available?
>
> Well, it builds at least, but that's all I know
> for the moment. I can't tell how useable is the
> package. Do you test swift inside some VMs? How
> do you bench it? I have a very limited experience
> with swift, so working with you on testing would
> certainly help.

Swift is very boring to setup in only one VM using loop device, docs is
here: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/development_saio.html

> > As I am
> > currently working on swift benches, I would be glad to help you out in
> > testing the package in real life.
>
> Please go ahead and try whatever is in the Git.

I have successfully build and run swift (1.7.4) and python-swiftclient
(1.2.0+git1-2be776c2-1) from the git branch of debian/experimental with
and without keystone (from debian/experimental too)

I have encounter only one minor issue with the "-x" of swift-bench
the upstream fix is the commit af4b2851fc864cf4cef13588ab253141bfa92bbb

And It seem that some changes in the debian/unstable isn't is
debian/experimental, the one of the unreleased 1.4.8-3.

Cheers,

--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net