[Openstack-devel] Comments and sugestions for future upgrades

Alberto Molina Coballes alb.molina at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 16:51:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

At this moment we've a little private cloud deployed with Essex on wheezy (debian official repo). This cloud is working properly from October 2012 and it's mainly used for educational purposes in our sysadmin academy (OpenStack has become a key tool in our everyday classes) , but we're very excited with some new features on OpenStack, particularly quantum, so we're planning to upgrade.

The question is therefore what is the best approach for future upgrades? We are thinking not just in next upgrade (Folsom or Grizzly), but the followings (Havana or I...)

We've planned to upgrade once a year in the period between April and June, but there are at least two options:

1- April 2013: Folsom on wheezy (backport). April 2014: Havana on jessie
2- April 2013: Grizzly on wheezy (experimental?). April 2014: I... (2014.1) on jessie

Any comments or sugestions for each option will be really appreciated.

Regards

Alberto