[Openstack-devel] Comments and sugestions for future upgrades

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Apr 9 19:39:17 UTC 2013

On 04/10/2013 02:32 AM, Alberto Molina Coballes wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 01:07:15AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> I intend to maintain backport (unofficial) repositories for every
>> release of Openstack. So, Wheezy for the moment, and I believe,
>> including Havana.
>>

> I know you are maintaing backport repositories for folsom and grizzly,
> thanks for this great work! Is it expected that these unofficial
> repositories will be ported to official "wheezy-backports"?

Maybe yes. But I don't think I will work on this before Wheezy is released.

> Sometime ago I read that only folsom would be on wheezy-backports.

I wonder where you read that. Honestly, even right now, I'm not sure
what I will do. Since Grizzly is out, and that Wheezy still isn't, I'm
in fact thinking about uploading Grizzly to backports.debian.org, not
Folsom.

> In relation to that. This morning we were testing Folsom install
> with these repos following the debian wiki howto and we found some
> bugs, what's the best way to report them?

It's fine to report them in this list, since currently, not everything
is in Debian yet. If you first check that the package really is in
Debian, then using the Debian bug tracker is the way to go.

Thomas