[Openstack-devel] nova_2013.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar at debian.org
Wed Apr 10 09:44:53 UTC 2013

On 04/10/2013 11:04, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10 2013, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
>> I'm also wondering if it's really required to split everything into seperate
>> packages? There's only only a few kilobytes of content in each package and they
>> share the same dependencies as well.
>
> Upstream developer hat on:
>
> Yes, they are separate daemons that should be deployed on different
> computers, so it totally makes sense.

Why do they have to be shipped in different packages for this?

The package already seems to require manual configuration (postinst for
nova-common refers to NOVA_ENABLE in /etc/default/nova-common). Couldn't
this list the daemons to run on the host instead or as an additional
setting?

Looking at nova-common's postinst I also found it changes permissions of
files unconditionally:
----
chmod 0640 /etc/nova/nova.conf
chmod 0440 /etc/sudoers.d/nova_sudoers
chmod 0750 /var/log/nova
chmod 0755 /var/lib/nova
----
Why do you do that instead of simply shipping files with the intended
permissions?

And this is a RC bug (also from nova-common's postinst):
----
cp /usr/share/doc/nova-common/nova.conf.dist /etc/nova/nova.conf
----
It violates Policy 12.3.

Ansgar