[Openstack-devel] nova_2013.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Joerg Jaspert joerg at debian.org
Wed Apr 10 22:04:50 UTC 2013

On 13177 March 1977, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> Again, you aren't supposed to do this kind of technical review. It also
> clearly shows that you don't understand how OpenStack works, which is to
> be expected: I don't expect the FTP masters to understand every single
> package in the archive, and certainly not something with the complexity
> of OpenStack). In this case, yes, we really need multiple packages,
> since each of them is carrying a daemon and its associated service, as
> JD explained.

Oh yes, we so are supposed to do that. That you don't like it is a
different thing. Adding lots of tiny packages where the metadata has
more size than the actual use data of the package is bad enough that it
warrants a reject. Independent of our knowledge of the package -
thats why you can just explain stuff if its really needed.

And with what we got yet *I* still don't buy it that we need one package
per script, or worse - for one file in /etc.

> Please limit yourself to what you are supposed to do: license checks.

Please limit yourself to statements about things you know. Thanks.

--
bye, Joerg
Wie gesagt, mein /proc/kcore ist 536MB gross und ich würde meinen Rechner gern