[Openstack-devel] Request to Join Project pkg-openstack from Zsolt Molnar (ysolt-guest)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Apr 12 17:07:13 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 03:45 AM, noreply at alioth.debian.org wrote:
> Zsolt Molnar (ysolt-guest) has requested to join your project.
> You can approve this request here: https://alioth.debian.org/project/admin/users.php?group_id=100635
>
> Comments by the user:
> Hello!
>
> My name is Zsolt Molnar from Budapest, Hungary a great Debian fan
> for over 10 years now. Also carrying some experience with openstack
> deployment.
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right channel, but I'd like to join your
> group and contribute help with testing Openstack packages and
> providing feedbacks. I would be more happy to see up-to-date
> packages shippet do Wheezy rather than switching to Ubuntu
>
> Cheers,
> Zsolt

Hi Zsolt!

If you just intend to provide help with testing the packages, and
providing feedback, then you do not need to be included as a member of
the packaging group on Alioth. The only thing you should do is register
to the PKG OpenStack <openstack-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org> list on
Alioth:

You can also join #debian-openstack on the OFTC network.

If you plan on helping with the packaging, then I would require first a
patch or 2 sent through the above list if you don't mind. I don't know
you at all, so I need to check that you can do valuable work, and giving
a write access to the Alioth Git repository blindly is quite dangerous,
so I wish to avoid that because of security concerns. I hope you will
understand.

Cheers,

Thomas