[Openstack-devel] Problem with upgrading keystone from folsom to grizzly

Maciej Gałkiewicz maciejgalkiewicz at ragnarson.com
Wed Apr 24 12:35:55 UTC 2013

On 24 April 2013 12:58, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> You have a problem in Nova, why do you show me the tables of keystone?

I have nova essex and I am trying to upgrade keystone from folsom to
grizzly. Right now keystone and glance are the only parts of openstack
which I managed to upgrade to folsom. I have failed with nova because of
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700620. If I understand
correctly I will not be able to upgrade essex to folsom and then folsom to
grizzly.

> Then I had a look into:
> /usr/share/pyshared/nova/db/sqlalchemy/migrate_repo/versions/
>
> and indeed, there's no "83" version. It starts at something like 133.
> The number 83 is what comes just right after Essex. So I wonder: were
> you trying to upgrade directly from Essex to Folsom? If so, then it
> might not work at all because... not supported upstream.

I have a lot of migrations there including 083_quota_class.py. You meant
upgrade directly from essex to grizzly, didn't you?

regards
Maciej Galkiewicz