[Openstack-devel] License for statsdpy

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Thu Jan 31 06:32:36 UTC 2013

Hi Florian,

As you may know, I'm the Debian Developer who does all the Openstack
packaging. As I'm also working with eNovance and Ceilometer, Chmouel
Boudjnah advised me that statsdpy was worth packaging, so we could use
it in Ceilometer.

So, I have built a Debian package out of your source code. The result is
available this way:

git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/python-statsdpy.git
cd python-statsdpy
./debian/rules get-vcs-source
git-buildpackage

Unfortunately, there's absolutely no licensing information in your
source code. To the point that I don't know at all in what type of
license you are releasing your code. I can't even upload it to Debian
this way.

Please add a license header in each and every source file if you can, or
at the very least, add a LICENSE file at the root of your source tree.
The former is preferred though, and of course you can do both. Then if
you don't mind, release a version 0.0.11 with a (if possible signed) tag
on github.

Please let me know when done, so that I can proceed uploading the
package in Debian experimental (it will go in SID once Wheezy is released).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)