[Openstack-devel] Moving all git repositories to git.gplhost.com

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Nov 20 17:27:19 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 12:33 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20 2013, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
>> I hope this solution will satisfy everyone,
>
> Not at all, and I really hope that you come back to this decision. I
> know that you are the one doing a very large amount of work, but this is
> a terrible decision. You're going to kill the small amount of team that
> we could build this way.
>
> Alioth issues are not your issues, let it go. Pick the right battle,
> package OpenStack, but don't try to do things in that way. This will
> just hurt OpenStack packaging in the long term, making it reliable and
> linked to you.
>
> Please, please don't do that.

I've just discussed with Monty about this on IRC, and my current plan is
to try to push the packaging git repositories to go in the
openstack-infra. Monty also likes the idea. It'd be awesome to have
Gerrit for the packaging as well! :)

In the mean time, sorry, I wont go back go Alioth. Been there, done
that, lost the time, stressed for the last 10 days. I'm done with it...

So, if git.gplhost.com is only a temporary solution, then great! If we
don't find something better, then it will stay. For the moment,
alioth.d.o is the worse choice ever for anything serious. I had this
feeling before, and now more than ever.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

[1]