[Openstack-devel] Upgrading python-oauthlib

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Jan 21 09:54:11 UTC 2014

Hi Simon,

I am currently trying to upgrade python-oauthlib to upstream version
0.6.1. However, according to my tests, this will break
python-requests-oauthlib, which you as well maintain.

The thing is, the new oauthlib 0.6.1 is required for Keystone, which is
the auth system for OpenStack, for which I'm maintaining about 100
packages in Debian. I already have a patch working, but it fails under
0.5.1 (because it seems the API changed...).

With the person who wrote the patch for Keystone (eg: Matthieu, hereby
CC-ed), we've discussed and think that the best way forward would be to
fix python-requests-oauthlib so that it can support the newest version
of oauthlib.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)