[Openstack-devel] Does nova-api-metadata require EXACTLY v. 2012.1.1-18 of nova-common?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Jan 28 12:53:44 UTC 2014

On 01/27/2014 04:41 AM, Hugh Esco wrote:
> I have moved to a 64bit machine.
> Fewer red messages than before.
>
> I wonder how I work around this one?
>
> nova-api-metadata : Depends: nova-common (= 2012.1.1-18)
>     but 2013.2.1-2~bpo70+1 is to be installed.

The reason is simple: there's no nova-api-metadata package anymore in
OpenStack under Debian. Don't try to install it. Instead, you can
configure /etc/nova/nova.conf, or dpkg-reconfigure nova-common (which
will have the same effect), and possibly restart nova-api.

Note that there's no real need for a separate package for the different
API of Nova, and the design choice to remove them was in order to reduce
the overall number of packages inside Debian, which puts a stress on our
infrastructure. On this case, this was really avoidable, so we did.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)