[PKG-Openstack-devel] systemd support for OpenStack

stanzgy stan.zgy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 04:23:50 UTC 2014

Hi zigo and gustavo! I have also tried add dh-systemd support for glance
Juno packaging.
I succeeded building new packages with systemd support in my own sid
packaging environment but failed the zigo's jenkins job.
Here is the faillog:
https://juno.dev-debian.pkgs.enovance.com/job/glance/5/console
It seems the jenkins packaging environment is running on wheezy dist. But
the necessary package dh-systemd is only accessible under
sid/jessie/wheezy-backports sources:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=dh-systemd&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
The reason that fails both zigo's and my commits which adding dh-systemd
may be that the jenkins building environment lacks the dh-systemd package.
I have noticed that dh-systemd 1.18~bpo70+1 is already in wheezy-backports
source. Adding wheezy-backports to the jenkins apt sourcelist should fix
this problem.

BTW, I'm not very experienced at debian packaging. Could you waste a few
minutes reviewing my commit that adding dh-systemd support for glance
debian/juno branch to check if I has done it correctly?
Thanks very much.

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> On 07/13/2014 07:24 AM, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
> > i think the chose of syslog or log-file should be part of config file
> > (nova.conf)
> >

> > [ "x$USE_SYSLOG" = "xyes" ] && DAEMON_ARGS="$DAEMON_ARGS --use-syslog"
> > [ "x$USE_LOGFILE" != "xno" ] && DAEMON_ARGS="$DAEMON_ARGS --log-file
> > /var/log/nova/$NAME.log"
>
> No, it can't. Because all daemons are sharing the same configuration
> file, then if we do what you say, you wouldn't be able to configure
> daemons individually (and for example, have a different log file for
> each daemon).
>
> >> The replies to my mail to the systemd guys on their list were not
> >> helpful at all, they keep saying that I should just edit the .service
> >> file to select the type of logging, but that's not at all what I want. I
> >> would like to use /etc/default, just as before. Do you have any idea how
> >> we can script this?
> > i think we could use  ExecStartPre, i will check further on Monday
>
> Thanks, let me know.
>
> >> Maybe we'd have to write a wrapper and start that
> >> instead of the daemon?
> > ugly...
>
> Agreed.
>
> > other vars can be parsed from /etc/default/$NAME
> >
> > EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/$NAME
> > ExecStart=/usr/bin/keystone-all $OPTS
> >
> > i will check ExecStartPre and get back to the list
>
> Cool, will wait for your answer.
>
> Thomas

Best Regards,

Gengyuan Zhang