[PKG-Openstack-devel] systemd support for OpenStack

gustavo panizzo <gfa> gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Wed Jul 16 18:35:51 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 10:28 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 07/15/2014 09:10 PM, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
>> maybe i miss explained
>>
>> the postinst should parse and edit /etc/default/openstack and
>> /etc/default/<name> to replace the non-generic options like USE_SYSLOG=1
>> with command line switches like --syslog
>
> I very much prefer a configuration file rather than a list of cryptic
> parameters. So I'm still in the favor of a shell script wrapper.

well, if you are going to run a cloud, you should be ready to learn a
few switches at least

using the principle of least surprise, i've pushed to keystone.
i'm reusing /etc/init.d script, nothing is lost, but i put it under
systemd control, best of both sides :)

PD: i also found that keystone run as root by default. that's fixed now
--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333