[PKG-Openstack-devel] Comments regarding python-rjsmin_1.0.12+dfsg1-1_amd64.changes

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Dec 28 15:13:47 UTC 2015

On 12/23/2015 07:46 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I marked the package for accept, but you should take care of:
>  E: python-rjsmin source: source-is-missing bench/apiviewer.js
>  E: python-rjsmin source: source-is-missing bench/knockout-2.0.0.js
>
> Thanks!
>  Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

In fact, I saw it, but I wasn't sure how to deal with it.

These files are used only for the bench tool of rjsmin, which is not
part of the .deb that is built.

I thought it was best to keep them in the orig file, but I can also
remove them. As I already remove some files:
bench/jsmin.c
bench/jsmin.py
playground.py

it should be ok to also remove that one.

Considering these files are useful *only* for benching rjsmin, and
benching is useful (even if we don't have all the source code, it's easy
to get, and the bench result can be helpful). What do you think is best
in this case? Just override the lintian warning, or remove the files?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)