[PKG-Openstack-devel] Rename of ironic-discoverd as ironic-inspector, and the Liberty release

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Sep 15 07:29:21 UTC 2015

Dear FTP masters,

I have just uploaded ironic-inspector to Experimental. It really is a
new version of ironic-discoverd, which has been renamed upstream.

My currently plan, just like also for all the rest of OpenStack, is to
let it live within Experimental until mid-October, when the final
release of OpenStack Liberty will be tagged upstream. At that point,
I'll upload all of it to Sid, and to Jessie backports, then I'll ask for
the removal of packages which have been renamed (like some oslo libs for
which we renamed the the source package, and this one).

Also, I'm almost done with packaging all of the next version of
OpenStack, called Liberty. This is currently the beta 3 version, which
is the start of feature freeze. So unless I forgot something, there will
be no new OpenStack package until mid-October. It'd be nice to have
those currently in the NEW queue approved soon enough so I can work on
testing before the Liberty release.

I thought you'd wana know.
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)